Overclocking 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDtbawab6634n63

Baseband Member
OK specs...

AMD 64 athlon 3000+ venice core @ 1.8ghz (stock speed)
Gigabyte K8n-SLI
1 * 512 meg ddr400 RAM
80gig SATA hdd

OK, here the story. I ran 3dmark 03 on my PC with V-Tuner 2 on smart mode. This basicaly means that whenever a 3d game comes up, it clocked the core speed from 300mhz to 500mhz, which is good.

My 3dmark03 score was 7997, not bad I guess....Anyway, i just wanted to see if I could get a better score, so i upped the memory clock from 1000mhz to 1025 mhz.

My score incresed to 8024

Anyway, I want to leave the core speed and continue to test the memory clocking.

Anyway, I have 3 questions.

1. How high is it safe to clock my memory to?
2. Should I be using V-Tuner 2? (because it doesn't save my settings, btw how do I save em?
3. Am I doing anything wrong.

Thanks in advance, please help.

Do these save the settings (the programs u recommended)?
And do they OC my sh1t? Anyway, im never using an ATI related thing eva again, so I might try coolbits or w/e...

And 300 Mhz is the stock speed, it increases only for games, which i want.

o ok, thanks. Now all I need is to keep my settings. Any ideas???

O btw, i upped my core speed to 210mhz and kept the 1025 memory speed and i got 8127 marks!

That's a HUGE increase. O and now while we're on topid of OCing, can someone point out how I can overclock my venice core 3000+???

I don't know how to do in BIOS and I can't understand those walkthroughs, is there a plain English answer???

HELP, I'm a gamer who needs to OC!

okay, i don't know what your using but you might wanna try coolbits, all you have to do is right click and go to core frequency and click on "use these settings on startup"

www.overclockers.com.au/files/CoolBits.reg

there it is there, its only a couple bytes, and all you have to is click yes to overwrite your current registry and right click on the desktop go to nview or whatever it is that your monitor is, i'm can't think of it at this moment because i'm at my school computer.

and as for overclocking the cpu... i was like that too, so where do i begin.. okay first you should look around through your bios so you could find a clock setting, which should be under "FSB" or "HTT" and should be at 200 mhz. All you have to do, is change your mhz to overclock. But be warned, when you get high enough you will need to overclock your ram, or run a divider (pretty much underclock it). And once you get to another point, you'll have to up the voltage your cpu is getting to keep it stable.. i don't think you can get any more simple than what i just said.. so if you can't figure that one out, your out of luck.

read ocing guides... there not that hard. If you have an extra comp get on that guide and read the guide while trying to oc if your that misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom