Which AMD CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Till AMD counters the Conroe." Right. And you have proof of AMD's plans to counter the Conroe...where?

OMG, DDR3 RAM, about as groundbreaking as DDR2 RAM, and you see where that got AM2...

Quad Cores? Intel's releasing Quad Cores in early 2007. AMD has their Quad Cores for the end of 2007, and beginning of 2008. But since there are no architectural changes, Conroe continues to hold the crown, and thus its just another part of Conroe, not a revolution.

A year or two is a long time. I'm hardly saying to keep waiting forever. Just the 2 weeks that it takes for Conroe to come out. Then you're set for the next couple of years.

Green Radience said:
"Till AMD counters the Conroe." Right. And you have proof of AMD's plans to counter the Conroe...where?

OMG, DDR3 RAM, about as groundbreaking as DDR2 RAM, and you see where that got AM2...

Quad Cores? Intel's releasing Quad Cores in early 2007. AMD has their Quad Cores for the end of 2007, and beginning of 2008. But since there are no architectural changes, Conroe continues to hold the crown, and thus its just another part of Conroe, not a revolution.

A year or two is a long time. I'm hardly saying to keep waiting forever. Just the 2 weeks that it takes for Conroe to come out. Then you're set for the next couple of years.

Ok, I believe/know that Conroe is going to kick major behind. It is simply ground breaking. But saying that AMD isn't going to, or at least try to, counter Conroe is just plain dumb. AMD may not be able to completely counter Core 2 and regain the performance crown at first, but they may in the next 5 years. They were, and still are the underdogs in the processor market.

I agree with a lot of what you have been saying about Conroe, but you are being very ignorant towards AMD. Calm down with all these Conroe posts. People get the point. It isn't worth it to argue when nothing is really set in stone yet. Conroe isn't out yet. Sure, there are some benchmarks, but they haven't completely shown everything about Conroe. And for AMD, next to nothing is set in stone. They are still working on their stuff, and you never know, they could make K9 instead of K8L. They could also release Quad-Core CPU's around the same time as Intel. (Not likely, but still a legit example since you can't tell the future.)

Keep dreaming.

I never said that AMD will never come back ever again in the future. Just not in the forseeable future. We know AMD's plans up to and including 2008, and they aren't going to touch Conroe.

And Conroe is out in 2 weeks...its about as set in stone as its going to get buddy. Plus, those benchmarks tell a whole lot.

You tell me to stop posting about Conroe because you get the point; Well obviously you don't get the whole point. Intel has a much larger advantage that you will admit, or can admit.

And please don't bring up ridiculous wishful thinking into a perfectly legitimate argument. There is no room for dreaming in here, only facts.

lol if amd does come out with something next month that obliterates conroe, i bet you'd feel like a doofus.

I'd die from the embarassment.

But its not gonna happen. Companies, especially CPU companies, don't just pop out magic processors. Its a long, planned process, and we usually know about it years before the actual release.

How does a historian know about events before his time? Its called History, and I am a fan of history. And you wouldn't believe how much has come and gone since last August.

You only scratched the surface. Don't limit yourself to a specific genre.

And did you completely ignore the first part of my post?

nah i didnt ignore it.

im not doubting your computer experise, just pointing out a flaw in your logic. but i seem to be the one with the flaw lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom