7900 gt coming in monday.. what to expect of sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7900gt in Sli.There is some performance gain mostly smoothness, and vividness.Which is everything LOL.I have 7900gtx's N'sli with a Opty 170,2gb DDr500.Iam waiting for the g8 series to put in my FX-57@3.2Ghz, gotta ebay my older 7800gtx 512's.

okay, i got my first run going through, it wasnt so good the first time, but it seemed in the first and second test, it wasnt running properly.. considering i was seeing the same fps i used to have before... but in the 3rd test, i was getting up to 130 fps.. so imma try running it agian.. but anyway, the score was 12194

okay.. i have a feeling my sli is working horribly wrong.. why can i not use anti aliasing x 16 in fear?

okay.. now i'm pretty **** sure its not working right... i was only getting the regular 100 fps in the beginning of cs source.. which is pretty much regular... and even later on it was only getting 40!!! thats what i was getting on my single card with my psu problems... or so i think thats the problem.. well i got more solving to do.. obviously, its not running the way it should

wow i must say i'm really impressed by sli.. my fps have increased so much, and by getting a second card, i can now overclock my cards higher than before, i have it at 550/800 right now, and its doing good, i need to try 3dmark again.. but in css while i was playing i almost never dropped below 140 fps, steady at about 160 most the time.. and when i was playing fear 4xaa 16xaf, during gameplay i managed a steady 80 - 100 fps... its incredible, i'm so impressed by it.. i'll obviously try to outdo what i've already gotten in 3dmark

care to explain what made the difference in your previous two posts?

yay.. and now i can play big resolutions, next... time to save up for the 32" lg tv! 1366 by 768 or something like that recommended resolution.. of course it goes higher!! and only 1200 dollars... i'll have me one in 2 months!, and i'll play on it with ease!! hurray! HD Gaming here i come!

you do realise that that resolution is kind of crap, especially across 32". maybe you could get a projector?

projector.... those don't have very good resolutions either, unless your willing to dish out alot of money.. and ya.. i need a high resolution.. maybe the 21 inch gateway, its got 1680x1050 or something like that.. i guess 21 inches could serve me well, and also be a decent t.v/dvd player for my room, and would save me about 400 dollars.

as for the difference... i don't really know, the temps dropped a bit too, it doesnt make any sense to me, it idols at 47 now instead of 51, on both cards. All i did was some rewiring and tried not to hook alot of things up to the same thing, like having the fans hooked to a 4 pin and the graphics card hooked to that fan. I had 3dmark running before i left for school, but i didnt get to check what the score was, so i won't know until i get home. But now i can say, to the people that say sli is a waste of money... no, no its not, when playing with the settings i was playing at, it nearly doubled my fps, it handles anti-aliasing and anisotropic way better than it used to. And playing cs source from 160-260 fps feels incredibly fast and i notice a big difference.

but there is still one thing that i can't figure out, and thats how to use 16xaa, or can that only be used at resolutions like 1600x1200?? or... do i have to have 2 512 mb cards? i'm not really sure on that one

in any way.. would getting a full x16 board make any difference in performance, could that be holding me back? or would i not notice a difference at all... i know i've said that it should have much a difference because it can't utilize that much bandwidth, but i don't know, i want more, i'm a greedy person :p ... and full x16 sli seems like a good idea, also grab an am2 board maybe?? ... no, i doubt that i don't feel like buying a new processor, too much money...

anyway, x16 board, yay or nay?

Got my first 7900GT in today. Nosboost what was your highest single card 3dmark05 score so I can try and beat it?

okay just ran it again, managed a 13044 with a 550/800 overclock, i'm going to go for 575/850, i'll back with that.. sadly my cpu can not go any higher than 2.8 so that will leave me at a disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom