Possible memory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polakbob

Baseband Member
My computer seems to have a memory leak somewhere that I cannot resolve. When I restart my computer it runs fine for about 30 minutes before I drags down to an unmanageable speed and I'm forced to restart and run it for another 30 minutes. Does anyone know what could be going on? Is it possible that my physical memory has a problem or does this sound like more a OS thing. Either way, does anyone have any suggestions?

I've definitely narrowed my problem search down to one thing. In my task manager list of processes I have the following:

System Idle Process System 99

I've seen this only once before and I had to completely reformat my hard drive. Reformatting is not an option because this is a business computer with very sensitive data that I can't backup. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

silly question, but hav you run any spyware removal? Virus removal?

Did you google "System Idle Process System 99"?

Everything I've seen says 99% is good. That means you're only using 1% of your CPU....

Yeah, so I've seen since I posted. Someone suggested that I reinstall Windows, and everything I've seen points that way, but that's really the last thing I want to do. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. I have run virus and spyware detection. I've also examined my virtual memory, memory dumps, startup processes, and background processes. At this point I'm not quite sure what there's left to do but I'm really looking to avoid reinstalling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom