Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those price ranges are way off. JCXP is known for thier wrong info. They want hits on their site so they kinda fib their info. At least from what i have heard.

Think about it why would the Vista Home Basic be more than XP Pro? The Home doesnt even offer what XP Pro does. There would be no way M$ would get any sales from those prices.

Yeah you left alot of the goodies out. It's not a ripe off entirely but latelly the open source movement has swept me off my feet.

As for those prices they better hurry up and release Vista already I do not plan on buying it or renewing my subscription so get a move on it.

actually, i was waiting until someone said that.... because i just came back here a few minutes ago and was looking at that too.

also, isnt ultimate supposed to be the "highest" branch, as demonstrated by that "idiot", i think is how you labeled him Makaveli213 :p, paul thurrott? Naturally, it would cost the most..?

oh well... i always take this thread with a grain of salt

corporate = volume license = no registration = high cost perhaps

I don't know I can only speculate perhaps the licensing makes it expensive not the features.

Tyler1989 said:
corporate = volume license = no registration = high cost perhaps

I don't know I can only speculate perhaps the licensing makes it expensive not the features.

xp vlk = 3,500.00 on newegg. that the cheapest price that I've seen

thats actually really cheap... so you can take that, and install it on a whole warehouse of computers?!

i wanna buy that just to sell it off... i'll just say its all "Tom LLC" or "Tom Co." so that its legit :p

hello blackebay.com!!

but on a more serious note, i wonder what kind of registration/activation they will through at us this time... i can already see myself spending hours trying to explain to microsoft that i, a 16 year old, bought their product legitimatelly...

"im sorry, this product has been sitting in a store shelf for more than one week. The serial number is now void because someone may have looked at it, coppied it down on their arm at Circuit City, and then drove home and installed their Operating System with it"

wait, could you actually do that?! (copy down what the serial is) - or take one from a store computer that has it installed and the COA one it?? seems sketch :confused:

Makaveli213 said:
Well M$ will NOT get away with allowing only the Windows Defender as the only AV. If the Euro Commission stopped them from pre-packaging WMP and IE what makes them think that they will allow this?

Same thing with the FTC here in the States. That will NOT promote competition. That will cause a monopoly. Which is what we are here to prevent. I do not see this being a final answer. I see this choice being changed real quick. No way the AV companies will allow for such a thing.

im sorry, this is from a REALLY long time ago (feb - page 61), but why exactly did that whole Euro thing pass..? you can remove it in the add/remove windows componants!!!!

No it just doesnt get installed at all. Tey have the choice to install it but it doesnt get installed by default anymore for Europeans.

well then like 86% of people will not be able to run vista... (intel owners :p - sadly, probably my last intel joke for a few years :()

you can run it on any PC, it'll just suck less on a better system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom