Which AMD CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC

HI

I am predominantley using the PC for college work and gaming.

What is conroe?

WOuld a 4400 dua core be better cos its got 2 X 1MB cache?

Paul

Conroe is the new Intel architecture for their processor, its supposed to kick the stuff out of whats on the market right now. the G80 is a dual core Graphix card which will use the up and comming directx 10.

If you can wait, one of Intel's new Core 2 Duo processors would give you a lot more power for less money. That's what I'm getting, personally. It's up to you.

either get the X2 3800+ and OC to the 4200+ or the 4400+ and OC to the 4800+ (or if you feel like testin your OCin research, if any has been done, get the Opteron 165 and OC the **** out of it)

About the conroe...... my opinion, why wait, yea in a way its good for future proofin but then again, new tech will always come out.... and also.... idk how many times i've said this.... there is no single program that will use a dual-core to its full performance. If you always wait for the newest tech, you'll always be waitin. Yea from the benchmarks from the people taht have tested it are amazin but it'll be a while before it can be used to its full. Even the 4400+ will be future proofing (it wont perform AS good as the Conroe but it'll run anything you through at it for a long time) People have got to think about the average PC owners, the ones with onboard video who wasted their $1000 on a dell that we could build for $800 with better performance

Why? No current games harness anything past a 3500+ amd athlon 64 processor.
EXACTLY!

meefle said:
If you always wait for the newest tech, you'll always be waitin.

Really? Because there hasn't been an advancement like the Conroe in about 3 years. And its probably going to be another 3 years before something better comes along.

Really? Because there hasn't been an advancement like the Conroe in about 3 years. And its probably going to be another 3 years before something better comes along.

or another year or so till AMD counters teh conroe and then DDR3 RAM and the new PCI-E slot..... wait cant forget GDDR4 RAM for video cards......all new tech...... and also dont forget about quad-core desktop CPUs (it'll happen, dont know when though)..... Tech is always advancing.... buy something.... use it for a year or two (or more) then upgrade/buy again..... thats the way it'll work for a long long long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom