Need games to run faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoL_Skelett

Beta member
Hey guys.... heres what i got...
P4 1.6 ghz (gateway, so no overclocking)
Radion 9700 Pro with Omega Drivers (the latest ones)
768 MB DDR RaM
and the rest i dont think will matter.....

But the qustion is... do you guys know of anything that will let me get more FPS in Large 3D games (Raven Shield, BF1942 etc.)
Drivers? Upgrades?

Thanks guys

The only thing that will make your games really run faster other than upgrading would be to make sure you have as much ram free as possible so your games dont have to run to the HDD for info all the time since that is the slowest form of data transfer. Check your processes in XP, if you are running over 35 you might want to knock a few off by going to msconfig and unchecking all the stuff you dont need to run on start up that will just take up your ram. Other than that, there really isnt much you can do outside of upgrading... Just make your computer run as smoothly as possible.

SoL_Skelett said:
Hey guys.... heres what i got...
P4 1.6 ghz (gateway, so no overclocking)
Radion 9700 Pro with Omega Drivers (the latest ones)
768 MB DDR RaM
and the rest i dont think will matter.....

But the qustion is... do you guys know of anything that will let me get more FPS in Large 3D games (Raven Shield, BF1942 etc.)
Drivers? Upgrades?

Thanks guys

???

my setup is slower, including my video card and RAM, and my games run almost PERFECT.

Not only BF 1942 with everything maxed on 1024x768, but even on BF Vietnam with everything maxed out.

How badly does BF 1942 lag????

It also could possibly be the Omega drivers....have you tried the catalyst ones? (i seem to have the best luck with the 3.9 ones instead of the latest, 4.3 ones)

Good luck!

Upgrade your CPU to the best the mobo can handle. Other than that you have a great system. I'm suprised you are having difficulties playing BF1942. Try using the newest catalyst drivers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom