First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeNitO

Beta member
There is a new question that I have posted more toward the bottom of this post

Sometime soon I plan to be building my first ever computer. :eek:

I have compiled a list of the parts I will be using, below. What I need you to do is to tell me if there will be any hardware conflicts, or if you or someone you know have had a bad experence with anything here, as well as any suggestions you might have.

This computer will be used for gaming, minor graphics editing, and the normal things (web, email, etc.)

---------------------------------------------------
Here we go:

Code:
                              Parts to New Computer
Part            Name                                              Date Added QntyPrice
Processor        AMD Athlon XP 2700+                                  4/3/2004   1 $101.00
Motherboard      ASUS nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard           4/3/2004   1 $113.00
Graphics         ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card                        4/3/2004   1 $232.00
CD Drive         Lite-On Beige 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive                   4/3/2004   1  $32.00
DVD Drive        NEC 8X Black DVD+RW/-RW Drive                        4/3/2004   1  $87.00
Keyboard/Mouse   Logitech Cordless MX Duo USB/PS2 104keys             4/3/2004   1  $68.00
Moniter          SAMSUNG 955DF-T/T 19" DynaFlat                       4/3/2004   1 $197.00
Case             Aspire X-Dreamer II(Black)                           4/3/2004   1  $54.00
Floppy Drive     SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive          4/3/2004   1   $9.00
Hard Drives      Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive                 4/3/2004   1  $97.00
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition                    4/4/2004   1  $95.00
Memory           Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200                   4/4/2004   2 $182.00
Router           Linksys 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Broadband Router     4/4/2004   1  $80.00
Wi-Fi Recever    Linksys 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter          4/4/2004   1  $69.00

TOTAL:         $1,416.00

I found all the parts on newegg.com

Could someone please confirm to me that I have selected the correct type of RAM, i'm not totally sure.

Thanks,
dbeNitO

Looks to be fine. No sound card, but you dont REALLY need one I spose.

Also, why do you have a DVD±RW AND a CD-RW? The DVD±RW will rip CDs also.

The CD-RW is beige, if that matters at all.

uh what kind of motherboard are u going to be using? the nforce2 is only the chipset. When i go to asuses website there are like 5 Motherboards that are AMD and have nforce2 chipset on it. Also, maybe the motherboard has a built in soundcard? i dunno... Even if it does, i would want to atleast have a soundcard. Sicne he is going to be playing games on it and stuff i would want good sound quality.

Oops, the motherboard is a ASUS nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "A7N8X-E Deluxe". It does have on-board audio and if it's not good enough for me I will get a soundcard in a later post.

Now all that's left is to buy and assemble it. Does anyone know any good books or websites that explain the process. I have one bookedmarked but I want to find the best one.

Thanks for the help,
dbeNitO

That's a good motherboard. I just built an AMD XP 2200+ with it, and it runs like a dream. Onboard sound is very good quality too.

Thanks for all the help on my last question. Here's a new one, I hopt that it was the right idea to put it in the same post because the post have much in common.

Now for the question...
I was wondering if the case I am getting <http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-026&depa=1>
has sufficent cooling for the hardware that I am going to get. Installing fans might be a bit out of my ballpark at this point, thanks.

Also if you think it could use more cooling suggest to me an adiquite, cheap-ish case.

Thank you.

well installing the fans are probley the eaisest thing ever to do on a computer. It only has 2 80MM fans. But it looks like u can add more fans in there. 2 in the back. Just buy 2 80MM fans and that should be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom