3800 or 4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
im trying to decide on a processor, im going back and foreth between the x2 3800 and the x2 4200. How much of a difference will i actualy notice between the two? Is it worth an extra 70 bucks? btw im not interested in overclocking...

its not the overclockability, its GO WITH THE OPTERON 165, more cache than both of them, AND OCs LIKE A BEAST!

i third john with the opty 165.... but between the two.... I'd get the 3800+ over the 4200+ and just OC the .2Ghz difference (which is really easy.... TRUST ME) and use the $70 bucks toward another part in ur system.

Every single time someone wants a recommendation between two AMD cpus people just go with the Opty regardness whether it was their choice or not. Hahaha, I just find that funny.

If he's not going to overclock the 3800+ will be better then the Opty 165 and cheaper too. An extra 200mhz will give much more performance then an extra 512kb cahce per core. But if he is going to overclock than the 165 would be a good choice.

still spreading that opty propaganda, john3? lol, oh well, somethings will never change. :D

i had a post very similar to this and the consensus was 3800, i concure w/ the findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom