Fx62

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. but its NOTHING compared to the conroe.. this doesnt seem like a big step from the fx60... amd really needs to pull something out.. this am2 is nowhere near what intel's got.... i'll wait for more news from amd on whatevers coming out after am2.. then i'll deside intel or amd

conroe at 2.13ghz does super pi 1M in 23.6s so this FX62 is lagging behind somewhat.

Ummm...also conroe ocs to 2.8-2.9 on stock volts. Thats why I am already going to purchase a 775 board. Hoping for Rev. 304. My luck sucks though so I will probably get like 303 or something.

When comparing the Conroe to any of the FX processors you have to not only take into account performance, but the price as well. If a $300-$500 Intel processor performs only marginally better, or even on par with, a $1000 AMD processor, that still makes it the better processor. Unfortunately for AMD, the new Intels are performing a lot more than "marginally better".

Wow, I didn't even have to say anything in this thread :)

Yea, a 2.8GHz Conroe does SuperPi 1M in half the time that FX-62 does (16.5s). True, that Intel processors have traditionally done better in SuperPi than AMD processors, but that was with Pentium 4s and their Netburst architecture. Even if that holds true over to the Conroe processors, a 2-time (read: 2x) lead is humongous.

You guys shouldn't even compare (or hope for the FX-62 to overclock) to Conroe. AMDs way out of its league. You guys are saying, "Lets have someone overclock it to 3.6GHz and then lets see what it benches." Well, newsflash, a FX-60 has already been overclocked to 3.6GHz, and the results were far from impressive compared to the Conroe.

Sounds about right. A 4.0Ghz FX-57 does it in 20 seconds (haha, a 2.13Ghz Conroe rivals the world-record holding AMD processor?)

Thats impressive, i havent seen PIs from either of these cpus yet (i havent been paying attention). The conroe is impressive i must say. The amd on the other hand, im abit disappointed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom