3500, can get past 2.4Ghz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
spread spectrum is supposed to be disabled for overclocking. You don't want that on.......even if I wasn't overclocking I would probably keep it off.

My stock voltage is 1.4v, i tryed going to 1.45v but it didnt help. That is the max voltage my board will handle without a bios flash, maybe thats what ill have to do.

well Asrock isn't exactly an OC'ers motherboard so you're basically just going to have to deal with what you've got.

If a BIOS update will give you higher voltage then try it, but be careful as I'm sure you know if you mess up a BIOS flash then you've got a brand new paperweight.

Yeah, but im not too worried about it, it was a reasonably cheap board, and i dont mind replacing it too much. Just to make sure, i flash wouldnt screw up anything else would it??

meay_helmet said:
Yeah, but im not too worried about it, it was a reasonably cheap board, and i dont mind replacing it too much. Just to make sure, i flash wouldnt screw up anything else would it??

It could. And if the BIOS flash gets corrupt or incomplete, your board is TOAST! You'd need a new BIOS chip.

Just to make sure, i flash wouldnt screw up anything else would it??
No it won't. If you corrupt the BIOS flash all that will happen is that your motherboard will no longer be functional unless you get a new BIOS chip.

Just dont flash with an overclocked unstable system, and dont flash during thunder storms :p

Nubius said:
No it won't. If you corrupt the BIOS flash all that will happen is that your motherboard will no longer be functional unless you get a new BIOS chip.

Just dont flash with an overclocked unstable system, and dont flash during thunder storms :p

Ok, thats what i thought. So if my HTT can not be set seem to be set any higher than 220mhz, does that sound like a cpu limit, or mobo limit??

I seriously doubt that CPU maxes that low.

When you say it won't go higher, do you mean the highest option is 220mhz, or it won't POST/boot after that?

So if my HTT can not be set seem to be set any higher than 220mhz, does that sound like a cpu limit, or mobo limit??
theres no such thing as a mobo limit per se. I mean....if your board sucks and isn't made for OC'ing then that's something entirely different.

Only way a mobo will limit the OC if, like I said, if it just plain sucks which it sounds like yours does. You can't go above 1.45 and it may have unstable voltages when it comes to OC'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom