which ms to log onto

Status
Not open for further replies.

trugoy

Baseband Member
what up peeps...ok heres the problem i'm having ..i get the system32config system error ..now i want to use the recovery consel but when it ask me" which windows installation would i like to log into" i don't know what it is..it seems to be a one digit number i could be wrong but after 3 attempts it suggest the help menu, is there a specific number i use ? how do i find it?..this is a freinds computer and i do not have the original disc thanks for the help

...be more specific..
thumb-pancakerabbit.jpg

^^ credits on the finding of this picture to harper

thanks for the help i tried a few things.. that link ECTEch suggested did say it all, but was a bit confusing ..anyways i added another hard drive to the system and made the harddrive with the error on it the slave drive.. so i can retrieve the information off it ..what i really want to know is ..since i put the other harddrive on there is there a way to fix the error drive without having to reformatt OS win xp..on both drives the slave drive is 40 gig the added drive is only 13gig..

thanks to all i went back and followed the directions on the link TCTECH suggested everythings gravy now!!big up's on the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom