Daemon Poster
My Specs:

Athlon 64 3500+ (venice)
Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 Mobo
Antec NeoHE 550W
Zalman 7700ALCu CPU fan
1 GB Geil PC3200
7900GT

So, i cant seem to get my cpu past 2.4Ghz, no matter which way i do it. I can get it to 2.4 with HTT=220, mult=11x, HTmult=4x, ram=200 and it seems stable. But i cant seem to push it any further, even if i lower the ram to 166 or 133. Disabled spread spectrum, set the memory timings about as slack as they will go and both 1T and 2T command rates.

I figue, if the HTT can be pushed to 220 with the ram still at 200, then it is probably not the ram limiting me.

Ive tryed taking the voltage a bit higher, would that just be it?? Or is there something else im missing??

Thanks.

Raising the voltage to 1.4v woudln't hurt at all. If the system won't even OC with ram dividers, the issue obviously isn't the memory, but the processor. So IMO either two things are happening:

- You have hit the CPU's limits
- You need to up the CPU voltage

I mean your obviously not going to get above a 200 mhz gain without upping the power input :)

Brtnboarder495 said:
Raising the voltage to 1.4v woudln't hurt at all. If the system won't even OC with ram dividers, the issue obviously isn't the memory, but the processor. So IMO either two things are happening:

- You have hit the CPU's limits
- You need to up the CPU voltage

I mean your obviously not going to get above a 200 mhz gain without upping the power input :)

I'm stable at 2.3GHz (from 2.0GHz) with stock voltage.

I ran Prime95 for 12 hours, no errors, no warnings.

EDIT: It's at like 1.44v stock though, from reading around on here that kind of looked higher for stock. I see most people running at 1.3's stock..maybe that's why.

have you tried settinga memory divider? or try OCing the ram by increasing the voltage.

Not every chip is gauranteed to OC the same as another. And 1.44v is not stock, stock is the voltage in which is the processor's standards. It's standard is 1.3v I believe.

As others have said, it's possibly your motherboard. Try doing RAM dividers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom