Help! Getting blue screen after Office 2003 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboy

Beta member
I'm getting a random stop 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF734C8B2, 0xA9BB57C4, 0x00000000) blue screen. Ntfs.sys - Address F734C8B2 base at F734C000, Datestamp 41107eea

This is random on some of my machines (all XP SP2). Not all of them experience this blue screen. Some that did never turned up a blue screen again after restart. Some I'm getting a blue screen every day. Some get the blue screen after not getting it for a week or so. Most times, this happens when the desktop is at the login screen and has been idle for quite some time (overnight).

Started occurring after updating to Office 2003. I've re-installed Office 2003, tried repairing Office 2003, flashed the BIOS; still getting the blue screen. Any ideas?

Yeah, do yourself a favor and go to Overclockers Forum and do a search for Windows 32 Stop ERROR Diagnostics. I was getting one (not like yours) and it was my Logitech Mouse Driver of all things!

It will have a full readout of what these mean an why they occur and if you can't find your exact error then ask them.

This fantastic sticky was started and is maintained by Captain Newbie.

Also, you might want to search Microsoft's Knowlege Base, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom