Computer from SCRATCH need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.... few idea's..
now talking from experience, the 10k RPM HDDs won't do that much better for MMOs and not worth the price.... get a decent 160GB+ HDD with 7200 RPM That will do FINE, theres just no such big deal aruond the 10k RPMs and they dont worth their price... yet, plus, get a good RAM like you want and you won't even need to utilize all the 10k RPM Data flow, lol.

Now about case, check this case out, its only for advanced users though, some people call it overkill but you said it yourself you'r gonna overclock..... not TOO stylish sadly but this is the BANG for
the buck XD, besides the not-so-good tool-less PCI Cards mechanism that all Tt's products suffer from, this case is flawless

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133160

hmm, heres an idea for you, buy an DDR 400 motherboard and get a 2gigs of DDR 500 RAM, that is just AMAZING for overclockings..........

one last thing..... I just have to quote myself from another post...

Yoad said:
Anyways.. why are you going for LCD? Just because they look fancy? The normal screens has a whole lot better resolutions for less price, and plus I own three LCD's and sorry for the waste of money every single day lol.. I had to send two of them to fix like three times since i bought them in less then 1 year, they usualy have 'burned' spots which the warranty doesnt cover [burned meaning they are either permanently white or blue or some sort of passive color that never switches... its REALLY annoying sometimes.....]

I'm not saying all of them are bad, but they live less than a regular screen, cost more and has less quality.... just my thoughts though so dont come and flame me people.

and then nitesticks response:

nitestick said:
i agree with Yoad.

;)

but make you'r own choices.

I agree with Yoad, drop the Raptor, unless you're worried about a game loading 2 seconds faster than on a 7200RPM drive. Otherwise, what you have looks good.

Yo, what you wanna do is, switch the Hard drive to 36GB Raptor, on ur budget you dont need a 74GB Raptor, and for like another $50 get a 80GB 7200 Caviar. For Ram you should get G.Skill 2x1GB Dual Channel Extreme series, its pC4000 which will allow you to OC very high. for CPu stick with the x2 3800+, but if ur OCing thats a bad mobo choice, for mobo get the MSI K8n NEo4-f. with the money you save from HD, try to get a 7900GT.

why would i get that ram if the mobo is pc3200?
is it still campatible?
also i have no experience in OC'ing just thought it would be cheaper to buy parts and OC

yes it is compatible, what would happen is that the Ram would get downclocked to PC 3200 speeds, BUT here is where it kicks in, when you OC, you will have 50Mhz to increase ur CPU WITHOUT having to do ANYTHING to the ram, maybe more. so that is approximately equivalent to about 550-700Mhz worth of speed without touching the ram.

Yoad said:
Alright.... few idea's..
now talking from experience, the 10k RPM HDDs won't do that much better for MMOs and not worth the price.... get a decent 160GB+ HDD with 7200 RPM That will do FINE, theres just no such big deal aruond the 10k RPMs and they dont worth their price... yet, plus, get a good RAM like you want and you won't even need to utilize all the 10k RPM Data flow, lol.

Hogwash. Raptors inprove overall system performance. Your experience is a little flawed, I think. You may be right when it comes to playing games but I will never go back to a 7200rpm drive after running my raptors in RAID 0. It's like night and day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom