Driver Installation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
I have two brand new Lite-On DVD burners (same model and both are in the same rig) and I need to update their drivers because they are running off of a Windows 2001 driver. I have downloaded the proper driver and it has been extracted. My questions are:

1. Will the one install work for both? If not, how do I direct the installation to work for both?

2. When I click on the executible it says that I must first remove the disk before installing the new driver. What does this mean? Do I need to detach the drives from the motherboard and from power? or is it a warning to not have any disks in the drive?

Thanks.

just right click it in device mgr and direct it to the extracted folder.

yes u can use the same one 4 both.

::Updating your drivers can be done using Device Manager::

To get to Device Manager click START

RIGHT click on MY COMPUTER

select MANAGE

::This will bring you to Computer Management::

In the left plane click DEVICE MANAGER

Click the + to the left of Disk Drives

RIGHT click on each device and select UPDATE DRIVERS

Then let windows search for them.

If windows is unable to find the drivers...select manual seach and navigate to the folder where the installation program has put them.

Hope this help's

Great help, thanks. One last question. When I click on the executible it warns: "Please REMOVE disc and close all applications before running utilities!"

Now I understand about closing all utilities but what is this disc they speak of? Are they talking about the installation disc that you might have left in the drive? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom