Need Backup Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdisney

Baseband Member
I am looking/Needing a backup solution. I would like to do an offsite file server (at my house). I am looking for the right backup software that will handle everything I need it for. Is there a software package out there that will let you backup to an offsite location with CRC checks and incremental backups? The software will also need to be able to backup SQL Databases and exchange as well. I know someone has to make it and itÂ’s got to be fairly easy to set up because there are a lot of Online Backup Solutions out there. IÂ’m looking to set up the same thing as these Online Backup Solutions for our business. How much will this software cost? Is there Free-Ware software that will work just as good?

Thanks in advanced,
Jess
jess@dizydiz.com

Is there something that will work on both windows and linux? What's best for just windows, what's best for both windows and linux?

Thanks again.

Jess

the all-in-one package may not be the best solution.

I would suggest veritas as its a well known corporate backup system and we use it here in the office. But our DBA says that he runs backups of SQL from SQL itself (Enterprise Manager?) because veritas isnt too reliable when restoring the db.

as a mcp i feel obliged to mention ntbackup. and setup a vpn with scheduled scripts to copy the backup files.

Cool, thanks for the input.

Is there something comparable to Veritas but not so dang expensive?

Check out BackupAssist. Its an addon for ntbackup. It may do SQL too. Its only $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom