Sometimes Can't Boot First Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

Sometimes, when I turn my PC on in the morning, when the windows bars are flying past, it just goes on and on, and the HDD activity light is flashing in a regular pattern. This is really weird, so I reset it, and then, it'll either do it again or turn on straight away, (after giving me the windows was shut down improperly speech...).

Sometimes the HDD is audibly doing something like du-du-du-du-du-du if you get me...?!

I hope someone knows what this could be as there isn't an issue at all once booted, just whilst booting...?! (sometimes)

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

We got the same problem in my mom's computer since 1 year. Because she is using the computer just for checking e-mails, it doesnt bother her a lot. But we dont have any sound from HDD. Do you have an old computer?

No, just built it about a month ago now, and the hdd is fine, but it just doesn't load, its really weird.

Charlie -

Yes, bu the good thing is I dont think it will effect your computer in the long run. I mean you will not experince any other problems related to this one. It has to be a kind of bug or something.

That noise of the hdd is trying to tell you something!!! It's a POS!! You can try formatting and reinstalling but dude the hdd is going to fail! I don't care how old it is.

I don't know, I've run diagnostics on it, and its fine. Full bars! (A S.M.A.R.T thingy).

It works fine now, its just sometimes booting up.

It boots up fine in Safe Mode, but not normally. Strange...!

Charlie -

PS: POS?

A brand new Barracuda? I don't think so.... somehow, I know crazy things can happen, but this works really well when its on...!?!

It makes no difference who makes it or how new it is, If your hdd is making noice da da da da da da da da!!! Call them up and see what they say. I know what they are going to say, I don't care if you believe me or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom