Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
I cant find my topic which I posted last April so I guess Im gonna post a new one and its about my setup.

Here is my planned setup:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939
MSI K8N Neo-4 Nforce4
Kingston 1x 1GB DDR400
Inno3D GeForce 7900GTX
160GB Seagate Barracuda S-ATA
500W PSU
casing

Will this setup do me well without OCing? I fear of OCing my rig and ask you guys if it will perform well without OCing. I can't find Opteron or X2 here yet and that's the only available processor I've searched here so far.

And next is I havn't indicated a casing yet. Am I required to buy a cooling system or just an ordinary ATX casing which will not cost me so much? And will not give me worries regarding heat issues.

the 3200 can go really far, 2 guys here I know of have theres at 2.9 just need decent water cooling for those speeds. anywayz, mobo is good, HD is good, which brand PSU? and change the Ram for G.Skill PC 4000 or OCZ pc 4000.

0tz said:

Will this setup do me well without OCing? I fear of OCing my rig and ask you guys if it will perform well without OCing.

Edit - Well that doesn't make sence now that you edited the post, lol

may i recommend a 2x512mb ram config or 2x1gb instead of 1x1GB, it performs better

What's the difference in performance between 2x512MB RAM and 1x1GB RAM? Both has total of 1GB..Does it something to do with dual-channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom