School me, Please ~_^ mobo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think my definitons (which I typed when there were no replies to this thread *smacks himself*) are better than the Wiki ones, but oh well :)

He means that the Socket has nothing to do with the type of Hard Drive. Thats the motherboard's domain, and that in turn is controlled by the chipset. You should look into motherboards for IDE support, not processor sockets. That aside, most respectable motherboards come with both IDE and SATA ports.

You don't HAVE to get 64-bit Windows, but you CAN run it, as opposed to the AthlonXPs and regular Semprons. Windows Vista :)

thanks guys. thats all the questions I have.

you've been really helpuf. *hug*

Actualy you guys are all wrong. S754 is going to outlast S939 because of the Sempron processors. When AM2 comes out S939 will only last yet another year and S754 will be the Celerons to AM2. S939 DOES support IDE or rather PATA drives. They are like AGP and most ppl still have them so they will still be around a litle while. SATA hasent grown that big yet. MAtter a fact IM still using PATA drives LOL. S940 is for Opterons which are used for servers. AM2 will be S940 but rather in a different fasion.

That may have been true if S754 was the only socket with Semprons, but there are Sempron 64s for Socket AM2, and I seriously doubt anyone's going to take 754 over AM2. The prices are lower, and the performance is higher.

I read an article a while ago that AMD was planning on introducing s939 Semprons upon AM2's release, but then they switched gears and decided to put Semprons on AM2 rather than s939. However, certain OEM venders (HP to name one) have s939 Semprons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom