out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I have always wondered what happens when computers run out of memory.

What would happen if you were running more programs/processes than your memory could handle? Your system would freeze? Restart? BSOD?

Only if your page file was also full.

It should freeze up, or run extremely slow.

Windows usually stops you before you max out all your RAM and virtual memory, though.

Ever gotten that "windows is increasing the size of your page file. During this time, some programs may be denied memory allocation"? That's all that happens, Windows just leeches more hard drive space

I've only got the dialog box saying "unable to run the application because of inefficient memory" (course that was back in my win98 days with only 128mb of memory) ^_^

alright, i was just wondering, because I usually run Photoshop, Limewire, and Dreamweaver at the same time. My memory goes down to 30MB free, and i freak out....

haha well if your so worried you can increase your virtual memory but if you have XP it does it for you so you dont have to worry.

i am saving.

1GB sticks of RAM is hard to find on an island. And most places jack up the price because they can. Such as Future Shop :(

hmm. canada I see. haha that sucks an island im sorry. haha do you have an extra compuer layin around. I did and just took the ram out of that and now im all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom