Need Video Card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlt

Beta member
hey guys...heres the problem:

purchased a pci-e video card for my comp. I opened up the tower and snapped the card in...but when I power on the comp, nothing happens. I can hear the fans, but theres no display.

I removed the card and hooked my monitor back to the onboard videocard. I read in the new video cards book that I have to disable the onbaord card through the BIOS, so i did that (or at least I think I did...I made the primary adapter pci-e). Anyways,

I put the new card in...and Im still having the same problem where I get no display.

Yes I have one available PCI-E slot. My computer is the HP a1450n. Specs:

Amd 64 x2 4200+
2gigs of ram
onbaord video (nvidia 6150se)
windows xp media

What video card is it?

Can your PC supply enough power for it? Plugged in the power cable for the card?

its the xfx 6800 xtreme 256mb pci-e video card

im sure the power supply is enough, i have 300w

also, what do you mean by power? The card came with a few cords, but i dont know what they are (one looks like a link cable of some sort with multi colored wires, the other is a black link cable). It doesnt say anything in the manual about hooking up power...it just says attach it to the comp.

300W may not be enough for that card.

and yes, you have to connect your PSU to your video card (some cards don't need to, however)

You have to connect the cable that came with the video ard to the video card and the other end into the PSU, if you dont there wont be enough power being put through the video card in order for it operate correctly. Even if you did that i dont thing the a 300w PSU will enough to power a 6800 or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom