Just reformatted friend's computer, Internet (SB4100 USB Cable modem) DOES NOT WORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His BIOS information by the way is:

Award Modular BIOS v 6.0
Award Software Inc. ASUS P4B533 ACPI BIOS Revision 1007, 7/11/2002

Should I update the Motherboard driver, or the USB Internet driver (Or will the Motherboard take care of both?)

I've had this problem before, you need to go into the bios and make sure the the onboard nic and usb's are enabled....

try that.... i bet thats your problem

Thanks, I will try that.

Do you have any hints as to what the BIOS entry key might be for this particular BIOS?

If it worked before the format it should work after the format so I doubt the BIOS has anything to do with it unless he reset it because a reformat doesnt reset it. Just download the newest version of the driver. 2.4.5 seems to be the newest but both should work

No, the computer was never directly connected to the modem. It was always Wirelessly networked.

But now he only has this computer.

So he's not sure if he could directly connect before....

I will try both things. The USB driver, and the BIOS check for Onboard NIC and USB enabling.

Thanks to both of you.

I know that formating doesn't mess with the bios... but still...
:right: everything works
:right: format
:right: usb and nic dont work

. . . thats something in the bios

if im wrong, then you can hit me. ~_^

Seria said:
I know that formating doesn't mess with the bios... but still...
:right: everything works
:right: format
:right: usb and nic dont work

. . . thats something in the bios

if im wrong, then you can hit me. ~_^

to me this is just a driver issue, especially if there is an exclamation point in the device manager :)

reinstall your usb wireless internet card driver. the name of the device should be on it, which will point you in the right direction. or you can ask them for the cd that came with that card when they bought it

THN651_F5D7050_v2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom