Building My Own PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo(Conroe) is gonna be right around $300, but don't let the small clockspeed change your mind, it has incredible architecture allowing it to do so MUCH more wiht a smaller clockspeed.

If you're going to oc a prescott, you HAVE to have aftermarket cooling, if you don't you're gonna fry your cpu, prescotts get WAY to hot.

Dude,

WAIT FOR CONROE. It's only like 1-2 months, and you WON'T regret it. You'll be making a HUGE mistake if you bought that system now.

About my question earlier:
When I was looking at hard drives on newegg.com, mostly all of them are OEM. I heard to stay away from these parts, is it alright to buy an OEM hard drive, can I just hook one one of these OEM's up and it will be recognized without a cd or something, or should i get a retail.

dude you cant oc a conroe to 4GHz on "good" cooling, you need Phase Change. which is costly.

So the intel core duo 2 extreme will go 3.33ghz stock, and have a 800-1066mhz fsb speed, the prescott goes 3.8ghz and 800 fsb speed, and the pentium extreme edition goes 3.73ghz with 1066 fsb. So do you still think core duo is what i should go for? They have the core duo's on newegg.com, except they dont have the extreme 3.33ghz one on there.

About my question earlier:
When I was looking at hard drives on newegg.com, mostly all of them are OEM. I heard to stay away from these parts, is it alright to buy an OEM hard drive, can I just hook one one of these OEM's up and it will be recognized without a cd or something, or should i get a retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom