Upgrading Ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

burger160

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. I tried to upgrade my current ram (512) by installing another 512 into the 2nd DIMM slot. So I open up the computer install the ram, close up the case, boot the computer and I have no monitor signal. It's almost as if there is a conflict with my Graphics card in the AGP port and the 2nd DIMM slot. Could this be the case and if so, how do I fix it. I'm not the most advance user of a computer so please be gentle.

My ASUS MoBo does support up to 2 gig of ram so the only thing I can think of it being is a conflict.

Please, please, please help!

Thanks

do you have onboard graphics, or a dedicated graphics adapter?

also, what happens if you remove the ram, does your computer work fine after that?

if so, did you try removing other sticks and trying just the "problem" stick in other dimm slots?

give that a try and come back....

Thanks for the reply uzi9mm.

I have tried both the on board graphics and my dedicated graphics card but still no video signal comes through when both 512's are installed. Both ram sticks are working, they both run the computer when inserted in the 1st DIMM Port on their own. The problem seems to be a conflict with the 2nd Ram port and the Graphics. Tearing my hair out!!!

It isn't a conflict with the agp, The two sticks of ram are causing the mobo to hang on boot and not post! Have you got the latest bios for your board? What model number is the board, and what ram are you trying to use. Some of the older boards only supported the fastest ram they support in one slot only!! You need to check the manual and see if the ram is only supported in bank 0/1 that is dimm slot one two banks per slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom