AM2 is almost here(prices!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh if no one knows hoe the am2 OC, then maby thats there big secret, and they OC like deamons!

Besides the predictable super-overclocking of newly-binned chips, I'd doubt it.

You'd probably get 2.8-3.0Ghz overclocks for the first 2 months, max, then it'd quiet down to S939 levels.

tommyboy123x said:
wth.. amd is pulling an intel here... "lets release s939, but a year later, we'll make it extinct!!"

What else can they do? Intel is releasing Conroe pretty soon, and even if it isn't up to all the hype, it is still going to sell like crazy with OEM's. And also, there is a large demand for DDR2.

Maybe someone could clear this up for me. Is AM2 backwords compatible with plain DDR? Could a company release a AM2 mobo with DDR RAM?

They can do nothing :) The only argument that anyone can put up against Conroe are it's overclockablility. The speeds and the performance (architecture) of the Conroe are set in stone. Some people have said that the processors may be cherry-picked, which I don't really agree with, as it would be a stupid move on Intel's part.

Either way, AM2 won't do anything for AMD as far as competition for Conroe goes. But they're the only processors AMD has until Q2/Q3 2007, so...c'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom