dell inspiron 4000 vs. buying a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mconway0003

Baseband Member
i have a old dell inspiron 4000 that has an abundance of viruses and what not on it. and i was wondering whether to go through the trouble of fixing it, clearing the hard drive, reinstalling xp, ect., or if i should just buy a new computer. please give me ur suggestions,

mc

first of all, what are the system specs on it? You might be able to use it for Windows XP, depending on the specs of it.

New laptops are fairly high-priced, so upgrading an old one would be a good thing to do.

it already has xp on it, also, do u recomend installing norton anti-virus and firefox? are there any other neccesary programs i should get, i frequently use bitorrent.

I recomend that you use Zone Alarm Security suite, or Avante. Also recomend that you get an anti-spyware program such a Adaware or spybot S/D.

Don't use Norton Antivirus. It will make your laptop slower than a turtle. Seriously, even new computers lag with Norton Antivirus.

There are MANY alternatives out there, that use much less memory, and dont cost a penny.

There are: AVG, Avast, AntiVir, ClamWin, and CA Etrust Antivirus (Trotter recommends it). Also, there are many web-based scanners available. There isnt an excuse to have a virus installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom