hows this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuxy_Muxy

In Runtime
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/TemporaryWishList.asp

im not sure if its gonna work... but heres some info:

Case/PSU: Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4-F

Video Card: eVGA 7600 GT KO

CPU: AMD Operton 165 Denmark

Memory: G-Skill Extreme Seies DDR 500 2x 1gb

HD: Seagate Barrcuda 300 GB 7200.9 RPM SATA 3.0

Monitor: Viewsonic VX922 2ms 19in

DVD Burner: BenQ 16X DVD±R DVD Burner

Fan: Zalman CNPS9500

is everything compatiable?

total= $1,324.92

I'm not 100%, but I don't think your RAM and mobo will be compatible. The mobo is DDR 400, but no where dos it say it will take DDR 500... It might, and just down clock so to speak... but there might be latent issues with drivers, bios, etc... while trying to put that ram on it. Do you have an OS? everything else appears ok...

With a system like that you deserve a better VGA

get the 7900 GT and I would look at a diffrent monitor becuase that is crappy 6 Panel.. dont let the 2MS fool you.

and get a antec 550....Rule of thumb is to never use case PSU, and specially if your OC'ing :eek:

Liking the ram, its good stuff :)

I have that cooler as well, My Idle temp is around 24 C :D

EDIT: Nukem the mobo automaticly downs it to DDR400 but when he OC's it it can go beyond that level.. Great OC'ing ram it is :)

perfectly compatible

SO I guess the ram will work... I wasn't completely sure... good thing there are a lot more knowledgable people in the world... :p Look at my avatar.... sums it up for me... LOL

So what? will it "down clock" DDR 400??? what kind of performance can he get compared to 400? I'm searching but no luck so far... Sorry Fuxy_Muxy I'm not trying to steal your thread, but it benifits us both. :)

yeah that was like the only thing i didnt understand...ive been looking at a ton of mobos and like all of them said DDR 400 cept for da reaaly $$$ ones...
also, im kinda on a $1,450 USD or so budget... so wat monitor should i get?... ive heard great things about the viewsonic...but does anyone else have any suggestions for monitor? i could also get a CRT.... but im on a budget and i want a big one :)

it will get downlocked to ddr 400 speeds, but when he overclocks his CPU, he wont have to worry about the ram for 50MHz worth of OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom