Running Processes - Too Many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processes running

jonny_uk

After downloading quick access, did you instal it?
Open Task Manager and click on the purple info icon next to whatever process you want to know about, your browser will open and tell you in detail about that process.

i like my 57 process :)

part of it is i have mcaffe... thats like 7 processes just there (3 user, 4 system)

also, i have EVERYTHING wireless... which all needs to have a process of some kind, or drivers. Mouse, keyboard, headphones, "media pad", printer, internet, etc etc... all wireless. not to mention i have a ton of optional stuff from windows and other companies...

AirPMCFG.exe
alg.exe
BTStackServer.exe
BTTray.exe
btwdins.exe
csrss.exe
CTCMSgo.exe
CTDVDDET.exe
ctfmon.exe
CTHELPTER.EXE
CTSVCCDA.EXE
CTSysVol.exe
dthtml.exe
DTSRVC.exe
dtsslsrv.exe
ENCWCSVR.EXE
explorer.exe
floater.exe
inetinfo.exe
iPodService.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
KHALMNPR.EXE
lsass.exe
mcagent.exe
Mcdetect.exe
McShield.exe
McTskshd.exe
McVSEscn.exe
mcvsftsn.exe
mcvsftsn.exe
mcvsshld.exe
MDM.EXE
MobilePhoneSuite.exe
MpfAgent.exe
MpfService.exe
MpfTray.exe
MSACui.exe
MsMpEng.exe
msmsgs.exe (boots with system for some reason)
MsPMSPSv.exe
NMBgMonitor.exe
nvsvc32.exe
oasclnt.exe
OWSTIMER.EXE
PDSched.exer
RcMan.exe
rundll32.exe
sdhelp.exe
services.exe
SetPoint.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe (?)
svchost.exe (?)
svchost.exe (?)
svchost.exe (?)
svchost.exe (?)
svchost.exe (why so many???)
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe :)p)
winlogon.exe
wpctrl.exe
WZCSLDR2.exe

63... agian, this is just start-up for me... once i get rollin i get up to like 72 process or so (firefox.exe, iexplore.exe, bearshare.exe, bitcomet.exe, more explorer.exe's (i have it open in separate processes), bf2.exe, etc etc etc)

my parents other laptop (Toshiba 1.7 Ghz Celeron M, 512 RAM) has 65 processes, because it has Toshiba's preloaded junk, and Norton Internet Security 05 on it. It runs pretty sluggish, way worse than in store.

I have mcafee as well, and I know that accounts for many of the processes, and I completely understand that. And like it has already been said, a lot of this stuff is probably from dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom