Moving to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajun33

In Runtime
Ok, by some strange twist of fate my part-time job decided to give me a promotion and make me full time. It is very good money, so naturally I said yes. Now the problem is just 6 months after relocating from SoCal to Scotland I have to move to London.

I have been to London numerous times and have a good feel for the city, but would like help (If anyone lives in or near London) finding a neighbourhood or area of the city that is not too expensive to live in and fairly safe.

I will be working in central London if that helps.

Man....well.....being as I just moved from Maryland to Seattle, Washington, I'll give it to you. You are playing the work game!
I wish all the luck to you! I also with I knew someplace in London :confused:

-Mike

yeah, my wife real happy to be moving, she plans on spending much of that hard earned money.

Look into East Anglia, I live In Lowestoft (Farthest East u can go). But Somewhere like Ipswich (on the A12 from london) would be perfect, with good train links to London and good priced housing.

(finding a well priced neighbourhood in london is almost like finding a needle in a haystack)

EDIT : I have a mate who works in london and he commutes to the city centre by train. It only takes an hour from ipswich, and you avoid all that congestion + Fees for driving in London

Will look into it, the company is putting me up for 60 days until I find a place, and I have a nice housing allowance (£400pw) on top of salary so I'm not overly concerned with cost, but I would like to save some of that allowance.

Thats cool, i moved away from london and some times i regret it. London is such a wiked city. Boring ol' BC it prety dead.

You got it. I haven't figured out how I'm getting down yet, probably rent a car so I can take all my toys at once.

Yeah, especially with BMI now flying out of Aberdeen, but I gotta move 2 computers and all my other crap.

Yeah Nietzsche had a lot of good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom