Swapping Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Hey, my dad has an AMD 3800+ in his HP computer. He uses it just for checking email and banking he doesn't know anything about computers (hence he bought an HP). I have a 3200+ in my computer and I was wondering if it would screw the hp up if I put the 3200+ and took the 3800+? ;)

Nope... you shouldn't at all. HP only "see's" what you have in there currently... nothing in the OS would screw up if you did it... Just don't let you dad find out! :p

is this your dad's pc thats only reading 512mb ram? take out the ram and put it back in then check the bios to see how much RAM it can find. if it still doesnt work then try putting the processors back.

Also if it is your dad's pc which only detects 512mb ram then he probably wouldnt notice much difference if all he does is word process/bank online / do emails.

also, check the bios settings... make sure that it sees it there as well... Sound like you just need to reseat the ram and let the system see everything

My dads is fine workds great I didnt notice any difference. But I got mine reading 1 gig. When I put them in the same channel I get 3 long beeps when I press the power buttin. When I put the 2 512 sticks in different channels works fine.

I dont think it's that. I took one stick of 512 and went throught the slots. First one Works. Second one wont boot only long beeps. 3rd one Works. 4th one long beeps. So my 2nd and 4th arent reading anything only my 1st and 3rd....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom