amd x2 performance issue (not same as prev topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trig

Beta member
bought a computer from cyberpower, you can see the specs in my signature. to make a long story short, about 30-60 seconds after logging into windows xp sp2, my computer becomes very sluggish. When you look at task manager, on the cpu performance tab, both cores are jumping all over the place, and eventually work their way to 50-55% on cpu usage. this has been happening since day one. I did mem test, switched video cards out, including switching from sli to normal. nothing fixes it. I sent back to cyberpower, they kept it for a month, then said it is the mobo, which was a gigabyte k8n sli pro. I upgraded to the asus. got it back, and it still does the same thing. they sent me a new cpu, but it is liquid cooled, and i hear it is real easy to screw that up. any ideas as to what may be the problem before i risk messing this cpu up? oh, and i was trying to switch the hard drive from my old pc to the new one to see if that was the problem, but couldnt get it to boot. so i reattached everything and now, the first core isnt jumping all over the place, just the second core, according to the cpu performance history chart. and also, on the processes tab, system idle is at 99% the whole time it does this. hope i make sense, this is my first post.

no, i just sit and wait for it to start going nuts. i have no programs open, and it starts climbing up. on the processes tab, the system idle is at 99, so nothing is going on as far as I can tell.

Can you give a screenshot of the task manager in the processes tab?

Press ALT + Print Screen, then paste it and save it, attach it here.

here you go. this is about mid-way through the process as it climbs to about 30-35% now, apparently just on the second core. I sorted by the cpu column so u could see what processes are being used. It's a bitmap, 16 bit i think. Put it in paint as I have not taken the time to load any other programs on this pc in case I end up having to send it back. I appreciate your trying to help. I had trouble getting this down to the permitable size, hope you can see it.

Attachments

• tskmng4.bmp
    91.8 KB · Views: 15
i actually found something very similar to this, and did all those things. which actually stopped it from being both cores running 50-55% to what it does now,which is the second core running 30-35%. It sounds like i am doomed to either deal with it or send it back. thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom