Building My Own PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I'm planning to build my own computer. I love computers, and I want to build my own. I have a parts list that I have made listed below:
Case
Antec Solution SLK3000-B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
PSU
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL - Retail
Motherboard
Intel D975XBXLKR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID
Processor (PCU)
Intel Pentium 4 670 3.80GHz / 2MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Socket 775 / Hyper-Threading / Processor with Fan
Memory (RAM)
Crucial Technology 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
Hard Drive (SATA)
Maxtor 200GB SATA/150 8 MB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive Kit
CD/DVD Burner
NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE 16X DVD±R DVD Burner - Retail
Video Adapters
Leadtek PX7900GT Geforce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Cooling Fans
COOLER MASTER CI5-9JDSB-0L 95mm Rifle CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

I think these parts will work great, but I would like to here your opinions. Thank you.

Change the Leadtek to a eVGA, maxtor Hardrive to either Seagate or Western Digital and get 2GB dual channel ram :)

Unless Im mistake your going to be buying a conroe right?

leadtek is very shoot and miss... my 6800 got amazing reviews... pulled them up from a little slump. i can get it up to something like 450/1150 (stock is 350/1050)

but... their 7 series just SUCK with capitol letters ;)

from what i've heard....

what would be a great fan/heatsink for the intel 3.80ghz cpu, cause it will run hot! do you think the one I have listed above:

COOLER MASTER CI5-9JDSB-0L 95mm Rifle CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail
and i was thinking about the asus silent square series cpu cooler
Do you think that should work great?

When I was looking at hard drives on newegg.com, mostly all of them are OEM. I heard to stay away from these parts, is it alright to buy an OEM hard drive, can I just hook one one of these OEM's up and it will be recognized without a cd or something, or should i get a retail.

if you have no intent to upgrade ur processor in the next 2-3 months, buy AMD. cause right now intel is sh1t, OR you can wait 2 -3 months then by a rig with Conroe, which kiks a55

About you'r question, why don't you go with Thermaltake Big-Typhoon? Or the Zalman 9500 CNPS.. these two are both crazy air cooling kits that works out great! [as long as you have the place in you'r case.. lol]
--------------------------------------
Another thing, I Agree with the above comment, what he's trying to say is, right now AMD Is the leading cpu brand, with faster chips that works better in games and in general [sides mulit tasking.. from what i know Intel cpu can handle multitasks better]

However!, In two-three months there will be two new products from both of these company's, the AM2... which they say that will just support DDR2, but I don't believe that AMD Would be struggling that hard to put out a new product just for a DDR2 support.....

And the Conroe, which is surrounded by rumours and so called facts and solid/unbiased benchmarks that shows that THIS will be the superior cpu for a long time [at least till middle 2007~8]

But if you'r short on patience and time, and has the money right now... go for a good AMD Rig......as it is for our days, the superior one for the less bucks....

Yoad said:
Agree with above, whats he trying to say is, right now AMD Is the leading cpu brand, with faster chips that works better in games and in general [sides mulit tasking.. from what i know Intel cpu can handle multitasks better]

However!, In two-three months there will be two new products from both of these company's, the AM2... which they say that will just support DDR2, but I don't believe that AMD Would be struggling that hard to put out a new product just for a DDR2 support.....

And the Conroe, which is surrounded by rumours and so called facts and solid/unbiased benchmarks that shows that THIS will be the superior cpu for a long time [at least till middle 2007~8]

But if you'r short on patience and time, and has the money right now... go for a good AMD Rig......as it is for our days, the superior one for the less bucks....

1) Right now AMD is better than Intel at everything, EVEN multitasking.

2) Yoad is right, no1 actually knows whats in store for AM2

3) in 2-3 Conroe will rock it, it did superpi 1m digits in 12 seconds, but it was overclocked to 3.9GHz on phase change cooling, but still.

4)if ur building now, and no intent to upgrade later, GET AMD! DUAL CORE!

I don't have the money right now, but I will in a couple of months, probably when conroe comes out, so then I can check it out, but then that prescott price should go down to a good price. And then I will have to get a different mobo for conroe and different memory, but I think thats about it. I looked at the conroe's speed, and it says it's gonna be 2.8ghz, and the one I have listed is 3.8ghz, and with great cooling, it can do 4.2ghz. And how much is this conroe supposed to cost?

Jess, the GHz's isn't the main issue no longer, not in the future CPU's, its of course one of the parts that makes you'r pc go faster but in conroe and the future-designed cpu's which are next to come [as the intel roadmap shows] its the architechture advantages and the FSB that will benefit the most in this CPU's, causing the GHz's to be a side-topic.

Another thing, prescott is nice indeed for overclocking, but it gets hot, HOT, And MEGA HOT........ as an owner of a prescott I might aswell say im not an exactly proud owner.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom