need help changing the folder name

Status
Not open for further replies.

texas seville

Baseband Member
After finally learning how to add another HD (thanks to Alvin!!), I need to tackle another little problem...

OK my problem is I cannot change a folder name, when I click on my "C" HD and then click on "documents and settings" I see "all users", "guests" and then my current folder name "rich"

I want to change the "rich" folder name but it keeps saying "rich is a windows system folder and is required for windows to run properly. It cannot be moved or renamed"

So my question is how do I rename it??

It should be so simple, but I have NO CLUE AT ALL!

Can someone please help me out w/ this, thanks in advance!!!

well when I look under user accounts theres no "rich"

only one I created named "wu" and a "guest" account

so any other suggestions??

its has to be a user account....ur names not rich? did you receive it from someone named rich?

no my name is rich

but I want to change it....the ONLY accounts on my comp. NOW are "Wu" and "guest"

so what now???

ok,,,right now theres 1 account

when I log off/on theres only 1 account to choose named "Wu" for wutang LOL

anyway, that account has admin privilages but still I cannot change the folder name??

some info is missing here, hhmm....try safemode....and log on as the local admin accout names administrator with no passsword

some info is missing here, hhmm....try safemode....and log on as the local admin accout names administrator with no passsword

dont know how to do that...how do i do that

and anyways I dont have ANY passcode set up right now for "wu"

can you give me some instructions please! Thanks!

restart, press F8 as windows is booting, you will see a black screen with a bunch of options, choose safe mode only not safe mode with command prompt, or safe mode with networking....

go into user account in control panel, select the user account you want to add a password to and add one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom