OS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i am goin to build a computer , and i upgraded my computer that i have now from ME to XP.......do i need to buy another XP software? the disc that i have says update on it. i did not know if it will give me a full OS for my new computer. plz help.

If it's an update disc, that's all you can do with it. To use what you have, you'd have to put ME on it, then use the XP upgrade. Otherwise you'll have to buy a full copy of XP.

what you need is XP with SP1, if it does not have service pack 1 you can get that from the microsoft site.
SP2 is gonna be released some time this summer, it is gonna keep the bad hackers out of our computers

so they say, until they find out that patching some other security loopholes opened up brand new ones and have to release patches for that then, they actually had a service pack for the service pack at one time, dunno which os it was for but i do remember hearing or reading about it. its a never ending cycle until microsucks gets its rite the first time, lol ya rite

all you need is a cd of an older os such as me or 2k to use xp upgrade.

you do not need to install it, when it asks for proof, just direct it towards the older os cd for verification.

been working that way forever. I used disk1 (3.5) of windows 3.11 to verify 95 and 98 forever.

i did not understand what you meant by
"you do not need to install it, when it asks for proof, just direct it towards the older os cd for verification"

Hello friend, i m a new in this forum,i just readout ur problem.friend u have cd of XP, so insert it into cd-rom and try to install the win. xp.it will give u two options1-upgrade the existingos2-install separately.choose ur req. choice. install it.
if u could not solve the problem then i will send u a xp cd.mail me at zaib_kiani@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom