X800GTO Screen Blanking

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGELLIS

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my GPU I bought it a couple of days ago with an extra 1GB Corsair ValueRAM> The GPU is a Powercolor X800GTO, and when playing games especially Need for Speed Most Wanted and Oblivion IV The elder Scrolls, the screen keeps blanking as if its changing resolution, i have kept the core frequency the same and I have changed it plus the memory, i've even reduced it! I have also tried combinations or AGP Fastwrites, and Searching for MDA Resources! It almost seems heat related as it gets worse as time progresses in the game, there is no artefacting so I am now stumped for Ideas, this didnt happen on my old X800GTO which broke down, and its VERY irritating any help would be appreciated.

Ruan

what actually are the load temps?

didnt your 5700 do it as well though? that would lead me to believe that it is a mobo thing. i cant really see it being power with you setup, although it could be. (he has a 420W (i think) psu running just the mobo, and another for everything else) maybe the psu has just gone bad? you said it was always very hot...

Hmm. well im running the latest ATi Drivers, i may switch back to the ones on the CD, although those game me other faults, but i'll try! I have a single 500w powering the motherboard and some CD Drives, and another 550w powering the GPU, HDDs ad fans, so i dont think its that!

Thanks btw load is about 63 deg ishidle around 37 so i doubt its heat issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom