Dell Inspirion 8600 wont power up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

osiris774

Beta member
Ok yesterday i was on my working laptop watching a dvd when the computer froze up. I couldn't shut down the laptop properly with "Start"..."Shutdown". So i tried to hold down the power button for 10 secs to shut off the laptop that way. Well the machine would not power off that way so i "CTRL, ALT, DEL" to shutdown the program running my DVD. Then i was able to do the "Start...Shutdown" method. But after that the laptop wont power up at all. The are no lights on the laptop with the AC and battery in and i've tried just AC and just battery. The AC adapter has a green light on so that seems to be fine. Because i wasn't able to shutdown the laptop yesterday with the power button im thinking it's something wrong with that. Does anyone have any info or a similar experience? Thanks.

Well, repairing this damage can be more costly then buying a new one. If there is no light in your laptop, I dont think its a simple problem. Just bring it to the service, if they ask 1000 dolar or something just buy a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom