Recommend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks am looking there now. Is it better to buy seperate parts together or just buy one kit?

Ok thanks. I need a UK site like this. Then i could know how much it would be. Anyone know of any?

Thanks

the apogee gives reasonable temps but it isn't that good, apparently its known for leaving hotspots on the core. storm g4 is one of the best blocks you can get (impingement type block like specialblend mentioned).

was your BW SE worth it? Is that better than the 745? Yeah am in UK and its only £75. Does anyone know if this leaks at all cos i really couldnt afford for it to screw up my pc. Is the water in it non-conductive or sumthing?

i can testify to both a leaking kit and that it is electrically conductive. a friend of mine fried an entire system not 2 months ago with a bigwater kit.

DO NOT GO CHEAP ON WATER COOLING. i am rather annoyed at the number of people who think they will buy watercooling on a whim. don't just buy a kit because its cheap. if you are going to get watercooling do it the right way. for starters a decent waterblock should probably set you back about the same as the entire bigwater kit. same with radiator and pump. you can't really change the block on a bigwater because the pump is so weak most blocks would not get very decent performance, nor can you change the pump as a better pump would probably have to much flow for the block.

@Specialblend:

Do you mean the difference from idle to load? If so I was answering the wrong thing. The 2/3*C is the difference from room temp to CPU temp on idle.

My CPU runs full load at 37*C so that makes it 13*C max difference from load CPU temp from room temp.

From what I have seen, you have it in for me when ever I mention temperatures. Maybe you do it for everyone else, I can't be bothered to look as like everyone else here I am not getting paid, I am doing it out of my personal choice because I enjoy helping people.

Trifid said:
@Specialblend:

Do you mean the difference from idle to load? If so I was answering the wrong thing. The 2/3*C is the difference from room temp to CPU temp on idle.

My CPU runs full load at 37*C so that makes it 13*C max difference from load CPU temp from room temp.

From what I have seen, you have it in for me when ever I mention temperatures. Maybe you do it for everyone else, I can't be bothered to look as like everyone else here I am not getting paid, I am doing it out of my personal choice because I enjoy helping people.

Load cpu temp - ambient = Delta T

I'm sorry If I came across a little harsh with the tempatures. It's kind of a little pet peeve of mine. I just like to inform people of cooling and how it works with out all the FUD I see spread around the forums (not just this one but many others). It drives me nuts to see people making choices on incorrect information. Which is why I go out of my way quite often to help people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom