password????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hello

No no, you do not need more than one partition on a drive in order to store files. You can use the entire 80GB. Multiple partitions are optional for organisational purposes of your own preference. I hope I haven't confused you :confused: :) .

A partition is just a defined area on a hard drive. So when you format the 80GB drive, there will be one partition, being the entire 80GB of the drive.

Multiple partitions are when you split the drive into more than one partition. For example, splitting the 80GB drive into two 40GB sections results in there being two partitions, each with heir own drive letter.

So technically speaking, when you buy a new hard drive from the store and format it, you're already creating one partition.

GREAT....

thanks again, I will post on here or PM ya and let you know how it went, but it will probably be tomorrow since you said to not use my comp.

THANK YOU AGAIN MY FRIEND~

Re:

Hello,

... :D just in case, erm you can use your PC before and after, but it's best not to use it during formatting the 80GB drive.

:) No probs.

I new it couldnt be this easy LOL

OK, I understand EVERYTHING except how to make my 80GB HD a slave?? In the link you gave me it tells me what BUT now how

On my 80GB I see the plastic black sleeve over 2 pins...so what do I do w/ that, take the black plastic sleeve off of the 80GB?? Will that in turn make it a slave HD??

OK I more info

on my current 40GB..lets says im looking at it from Left to right...left being the power, then the jumper setting, then the IDE cable whatever....ok on my 40GB if im looking at the jumper there 2 sets of pins X4, the plastic is on the first 2 pins

NOW on my 80GB its on the 3rd set of the 2 pins

NOW both are set up for master so Im lost as to how to make my 80GB a slave,,,,,and NO theres are no letter on my HD to tell me what set of pins are master of slave settings

HELPPPPP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom