7900 gt coming in monday.. what to expect of sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, actually im shooting more for 16000 on on 3dmark05. One of the cards Im getting is #3 on the ORB right now. And the other one I traded for my 7900GTX and $140.

BTW I really need to find these cable for my 7900GTX so I can ship it.

16000... hrm that seems achievable for 05, if one of mine gets 9300 now, i can see 15,000 even 16,000 if i get those vf700's and overclock... i'll try to keep up with you.. only ur dual core gives you the advantage in 06... in 05 cpu's don't seem to help nearly as much

This is true but remember a dual core will also help in 05 because it is running 4 theards during the test. So a dual core cpu could split up the threads with 2 on each core, while a single core has to rely on 1 core for all 4 threads. thats why intel has been excelling in 3dmark lately, because of hyperthreading technology.

wtk pro l said:
This is true but remember a dual core will also help in 05 because it is running 4 theards during the test. So a dual core cpu could split up the threads with 2 on each core, while a single core has to rely on 1 core for all 4 threads. thats why intel has been excelling in 3dmark lately, because of hyperthreading technology.

You propably mean 06. The CPU test has no influence on your 3DMark score in 05.

dont expet double performance boost, not so demanding games yes, but..........you no. like oblivion maybe youll hit 40 fps on max. 1200 is not hard in two months, lest see with my new job i can make that much in....... 2 1/4 months. and im only 16.

magouster said:
You propably mean 06. The CPU test has no influence on your 3DMark score in 05.
No but CPU speeds matter just as much as GPU speeds. You can score the same with your CPU at 2.2 as you can with it at 2.8. Also bottlenecking is a real big problem in 05, whether it be CPU bottlenecking GPU or vice versa.

.... how many times have we went over cpu bottlenecking a gpu.. it doesnt, two seperate things, the cpu just adds on its own fps rate along with the gpu's they're not connected or related in anyway

wtk pro l said:
whatever you say

Indeed. Read some reviews Nosboost, at low resolutions, with a SLI setup, you get the same results and FPS with most high end cards, where the CPU limits the GFX cards, and it is only when you crank up the res to 1600x1200 and higher, with full AA an AF, where cards start to pick up the slack from CPUs. The CPU can, and will bottleneck the GPU under certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom