Recommend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I say when ever this comes up. I got water cooling because I was bored when my PC 'blew up' and becuase it looked really cool.

Loads of people will say that the TT kits are crap, I will say the cooling I get on the BW SE is good, but my friend gets 3*C cooler but he paid £150 more than me and has his rad on the front of the system with cool fresh air blowing on it.

In the US you can get a custom kit for the same price as the TT kits, so it isn't worth it there. Due to you having a Hiper type R, I assume you are in the UK, so will say the price of it, is worth it, and it was great fun setting WC up anyway.

I have some picy's on photobucket to 'wet' you appetite.

was your BW SE worth it? Is that better than the 745? Yeah am in UK and its only £75. Does anyone know if this leaks at all cos i really couldnt afford for it to screw up my pc. Is the water in it non-conductive or sumthing?

Can u give me the links to those pics then plz?

Thanks

Avoid it at all cost, would be the only recommendation about that kit.

@ Trifid, what is the delta between cpu and ambient?

The 745 will replace the SE.

Pic's are here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/Trifid/My room/

Worth it... Hmmm... When someone new comes into my room and goes "Wow!" it feels like it was the best £60 spent ever, but my case also adds to that so then it is the best £190 spent. Right now, I need to replace the thermal compound as it is starting to dry up, so I am not getting the best temps the system can produce. I like having the cooler CPU temp with a quiter fan, so yes it was worth it, but if I was in the US, than no as for barely anything more I can get a great custom kit. But that system you are looking at, is more upgradable, but 3 rads will give you room temp, temperatures.

Room temp was 2/3*c below CPU, but I have a Winnie which runs slightly hotter than Venice, and I didn't use AS5, I used Akasa as I couldn't find mine, so used a firends.

This pic was done a few months ago before I overclocked, and when the compound was more fresh: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/Trifid/?action=view&current=idletemp.jpg

@ specialblend why do you say this?

@ trifid dont you think it can get below room temp? even if its at room temp that is good.

I will answer Specialblend's Q.

TT got a bad rep with their orignal BW, as it had bad fittings, a leaky res often occured after a few months and the temperatures were (often) worse than a good air cooler. All three of these were fixed with the revision of the SE.

Oh ok. as the 745 came after the SE does this mean its going to be fine then? I have read some reviews and it sounds promising.

Depends on how well you put it together. The liquid it comes with does conduct electricity, as I found out in a bet (that I lost.) Even though it uses de-ionised water, it has had additives (anti-algae, anti-rusting and UV green) added, and due to the water always wanting to find ion's to re-ionise its self, it now conducts electricity. But part of the enjoyment is making sure it all works perfectly before putting power to the rest of the system.

(Btw. Connect the green and any black wire with a paper clip on the motherboard power cable to hot wire a PSU. Leave to run for a while to see if any leaks occur.) - all part of the fun remember. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom