blue screen - hardware malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hello,

What operating system do you have...and when does it occur...?

Unplug all unnecessary devices and see if the problem occurs (including any internal PCI soundcards, PCI network cards etc...) and only leave vital components connected. Troubleshoot from there.

windows 2000

it occurs randomly but mainly when i'm on the internet

i installed broadband and it goes through a usb cable, could it be this?

you wont believe this but went to have it fixed a dude told me to reinstall windows and the guy did that but he also removed all my programs - word, excel etc - and he's removed 10gb from my hard drive

dont know what to do

thanks

Windows 2000 is famous with its problems. I recommend to install Win XP. Of course, you must have think of it before :) So if you dont want to change your OS... It is probably from the broadband connection but there are many reasons for a blue screen. I can recommend you to setup connection again with someone experienced on hardware.

what would you do with the dude that took out 10gb of my hard drive?
at least ask for my money back...

It depends what you mean by "taking out". I mean HDD dont just go away :) This dude must have made a mistake during the installation of windows and your OS recognize HD capacity 10gb less then its actual size. Re-installation would fix the problem. Ask for your money back or tell him to re-install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom