AMD 3700+ = pentium 3.7GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Ok, just to clarify this. I talked to someone and according to him, amd 3700+ should be equivalent to 3.7GHz intel frequency, I told him its completely not true, but he doesn't believe me. Does anyone know if its true or not?

Can anyone cofirm it? I heard a long time ago, that it's not true, why would amd care about intel clock?

True, and not true, all at the same time. The 3700+ would beat a Pentium 4 3.7 in games with a smile, but for video encoding, the P4 3.7 would tear the Athlon 3700+ a new one. It all depends on what you plan to do with it. But if you take an average between those two fields, they would be equal.

Why do they care? They don't, otherwise AMD would have tried increasing clockspeeds a long time ago. Its not about clockspeeds anymore, its about architecture. The same with the Conroe (from Intel), where the 2.6GHz model beats the FX60 from AMD. They basically built a CPU with a more streamlined way of doing things. That beats raw speed anyday!

Ok, I guess that sums it all up. Thanks.

BTW, just something we saw.
amd 3700+ @ 2.2Ghz achieves 10,591 in aquamark3
amd 3700+ @ 2.65GHz achieves 11,700 in aquamark3
intel p4 @ 3.6 GHz (3.0GHz originally) achieves 11,323

out of all the tests, AMD WON 19 to 9, weird how AMD beat intel in both multitasking tests, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom