Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Here you go.

wow this's good, but how come when i run the this program and i start system scan , it came out with the error box say " Window Vista Advisor could not connect to the server " , ...any advices... ? thanks
Makaveli213 said:
Wondering if your machine can handle Vista. Any version of it? Well here you go.

Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Beta 1 Release Build 1.0.0.18

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor is a small application that you can run on your current Windows XP-based computer to find out if it's ready for an upgrade to Windows Vista. When you run the Upgrade Advisor, it will scan your computer and generate an easy-to-understand report of any known system and device compatibility issues, along with recommendations on how you can get your PC ready for Windows Vista. Microsoft plans to add functionality to Upgrade Advisor, such as checking how your software applications will run with Windows Vista. Download the beta version today and check this site in a few months for a new version.

>> Download: Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor | Mirror
>> Source: FileForum

Here is a screenshot of it when i ran it on my PC.

Here is my computer specs, its also on my sig:

Celeron 2.66 Ghz
512MB RAM
40GB HD
Intel 845 chipset

I have already tried Office 12, and it works very fast, but will my system run Vista? I just got a CD of it, and want to know if its worth installing?

i just downloaded the Vista Upgrade advisor, and everything looks OK, except for my graphics chipset, which i agree, is a little underpowered. Its an Intel 845 chipset, with 64MB dedicated memory.

MS can't afford enough bandwidth for the people? Have they tried mirrors or is that a threat to their propietary code?

Talldude you can run all of areo's features despite what Microsoft is saying, with 64 megs of dedicated memory you "can" get all the features but I'm not sure on the speed and stability.

lol, i dl'd it in 5 seconds :p

but Makaveli213 - i am signed up with a connect account, and the only things i can apply for suck... like "SMS 2003 R2 - Open Beta" :(. how do you get the office 2007 beta? Is it going to be availible the same time as vista (for public release?)

thatd be so cool if office was bundled w/ vista.... too bad you can't spell M$ w/o $

i actually noticed the whole canada thing with the codenames. I've been to what is it, like the longhorn cafe or something. not sure if it was THE longhorn, but it sure was A longhorn. Not to mention wistler is only a few miles away :)

But oh yea, how exactly can i get on board the new betas for the successor of vista... just check that site and apply?

thanks for all the help so far

Well the Office Beta is going to go public at the same time as Vista. At this point there has been no info on how to get into them. But when i find out i will be sure to post it.

Other than that To get into the Vienna Beta your guess is as good as mine. The development isnt even gonna start until Vista is complete. So they wont even start that until sometime in 2007. Plus it will only be a 64 Bit OS. The tentative release for that is sometime in 2010 for Codename Vienna.

But right now your best bet is to apply for the SMS Beta and try it out. Send in a couple of bug reports and get into the newsgroups. More Betas will become available after you start to sign up for a few. But if you never sign up for any you wont start to get more invites.

ok... so you have to do the "boring" betas to get the "good" betas?

im so excited for the new GUI... i hate this "fisher price toy" look to XP

: puke :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom