HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpunk

In Runtime
I'm going to build a new PC and use all the hardware from my current PC for a new HTPC that I'm going to build. Does the list of hardware look good for a HTPC? I'm going to keep my 7800 GTX for the new PC, so I'm going to need a new video card for the HTPC, any suggestions? I've heard that HTPC's don't need a top of the line video card. I was thinking a 7600 GT.

Is there any need to overclock a HTPC?

Thanks in advance!

I would have never thought that using integrated graphics would be any good! That's good to know you've had good experience with it. The only issue I see with that is I want to put this onto a 48" HDTV and also have games loaded on the HTPC. I've already got ATI's HD tuner card, is the Hauppauge one you're talking about HD or regular?

I won't be using it for gaming like I use my PC for, but I want it available because it's always nice to game on a big screen, so back to what I asked before, is a 7600 GT sufficient?

The ATI HD wonder is terrible, I got one and had to RMA it since the cable input didn't work.

The HD only can use an antenna (I got 2 stations only).

Hauppauge is not HDTV. I would wait a while until good HDTV cards come out.

You won't need a graphics card unless you end up with a card that can't decode HDTV.

You can always upgrade with the PCI Express slot since the board is so cheap anyway.

I guess it's the same with a lot of other hardware, everyone will have a different experience. Granted, the antenna that comes with it sucks, but I still got about 10 HD channels with it. I ended up going to Best Buy and getting an amplified one so I didn't have to rotate the **** thing for each channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom