AGP the new PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:

seriously.... WERD

know what you're talking about before you try and make TECHY jokes about antiquated hardware that doesnt exist. slot a thunderbirds NEVER existed.

NEITHER slot a or socket a were EVER used for GPU's and never will be

another thing is that you people seem to think AGP only existed around geforce 1/2/3/4/fx times and that its only used for video cards.

WRONG

agp existed before pci and when agp video cards came out people were like "pci video cards will never come back" yet they did.

the fact of the matter is that no one knows whether or not agp will come back, because its in the future, and only i can go there. i just dont have any gas because i ripped the fuel line on the delorian and the doc cant get the train up to 88mph but hes working on it

anyway, no one knows, and no one cares, all people care about now is whether or not they can play WoW and other gay games like oblivion and command and conquerors: ultimate loser edition

god i cant wait for ET: Quake Wars

i need a beer

sw_freak64 said:
Sorry ive never heard of a Physics card...what is it?

It's a seperate card that handles all the physics calculations for moveable objects in a game to allow the CPU to focus on other calculations. Here's the company's site www.ageia.com

the most simple anwser why agp won't be returning is
AGP = No SLI
PCI-E = SLI and QUAD SLI

nvidia wants promots SLI to no end
Thanks P.P.! I agree, AGP won't come back, I'm just saying its not dead yet, and that PCI-e came way too early. Why move over to the next architecture if the old one's max capacity hasn't been reached yet! Sure, SLI is a bonus, but how many people use it?
Only a scratch of the gaming comunity uses SLI ATM. It dosent give THAT much of a boost of performance and you gotta realize Nvidia is only promoting it so much so that they can get alot of cash in their pocket.

Whats up with geeks and talking about their girlfriends lately?

Sorry for taking this off topic.

Ontopic: AGP is deeaaaad. 7800GS marks the end of an era, yet the 7800GS is still a **** nice card.

I'm tired of a lot of geeks boasting about there girlfriend to some extent when they mention something about computers. They freak out and quote them a lot like P.P. did and that's not even a funny quote, just so happened to be something about her installing a sound card... woo. Don't orgasm all over your screen now. Lame to the max... Oh, and that one guy mentioning how his g/f overpowered him in a geek war; who cares about the details? Way to boost your ego.

ahh mousespeed, i thought i was the only one who liked modest mouse... well i'm not a huge fan of them, but i do love their music, i recently got into them dramamine is an awesome song :)

anyway, back on topic... to me, i don't really care what bandwidth is better or whatnot... and of course, the average community does not either, whatevers putting the numbers on the charts is what we want

septoid2 said:
Ontopic: AGP is deeaaaad. 7800GS marks the end of an era, yet the 7800GS is still a **** nice card.

Yeah, the 7800GS rocks! And mine is even better! I actually get a better 3DMark05 score than my friend, and he has a MSI 7800GTX. Could be because of the fact that my clock speeds are way higher than his. I think his card runs at 400/1200, and mine runs at 480/1400. Is it the difference in clock speed, or is something just not running correctly in his PC? And Gainward has that 7800GS+ out as well, with the G71 core. AGP's not over the hill yet. Not performance-wise anyway.

haha, i have this friend who just built a s754 system + agp (6100) for some like "only" 600 big ones... what a jip :p

just hog out another couple hundred and upgrade!!

but yes, see pci already had variations, and the interface itself is very changeable. AGP, however, doesnt have any [major] varations...

and to the gf thing... dont be a hater! :)p)

originally posted on urbandictionary.com
A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.

Susan: You know, Kevin from accounting is doing very well. He just bought a house in a very nice part of town.

Jane (hater): If he is doing so well why does he drive that '89 Taurus?

:p:p:p

I'm so ****ed. I just started working today and my dad flipppppped out on me when I even hesitated on putting it towards anything besides school. I didn't even say a **** thing and he started yelling at me. Guess my system is a dream indeed. ****....

I was in the same position as you Benny ... with nearly an identical system too.

Just hold in there and get your grades up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom