New to overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt12

Baseband Member
Hey, I know how to build computers and I know good parts (thanks to some help from these forums). Though what I have NO experience in is overclocking. I had a question or two that I would need info on. In the mail I have parts coming for my comp. Now I was wondering once the comp is built and working can I or should I overclock my processor. It is a amd dual core 3800x2.

I am getting liquid cooling for it and have an Alluminum gaming tower case coming with it aswell, with a Asus sli deluxe x16 mobo. So that is pretty much the question, id also like to know what is the safest way to overclock for beginners if you even recommend and overclock, thanks in advance. :)

you most definately should OC that proc, Ive heard good things about it, and how it OC's

I recomment you have an experienced person teach/perform the oc'ing (given its ur first time), cuz you can really mess up ( not trying to scare ya) but! ALOT of people have done a sucessful job by just browsing the web and finding out how to OC.

Great MOBO, great overclocker too. :D

You apparently have the same mobo as me (from your sig). I will attempt it when I finish building and checking everything is in good working condition. Though I would hate to screw it up, though I want to overclock too, guess im going to be going for it then :).

Hmm aswell what is the multiplier on the athlon 64 dual core 3800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom