How do think FIREFOX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said in a pervious post ive never had any issues with Firefox what so ever, apart from google search deciding not to work but that doesnt bother me much.

Ive got 5 extensions and spec is in my sig, runs like a dream, no slow downs, no crashing/freezing etc

oh and by the way, for everyone who was saying FF is a memory hog............... doesnt look like it to me, both browsers with the same page loaded:
screenshot11.jpg

Makaveli213 said:
Yes but the same can be said of Opera but it isnt as well known as Firefox. I prefer Opera as it is safer than Firefox. Opera since it went free with Version 8.50 only had 4 major updates. It is at build 8.54 now. While firefox has had how many?

you answered your own question.

Makaveli213 said:
but it isnt as well known as Firefox.

firefox took the wold by storm. I use to use netscape 7 to browse (IE had too many holes), but it took foreve to load up. I use to use opera too, back in the day, but back then, it was not user friendly (opera has had a lot of updates too. it was opera 6 back then). mozilla was just flat out ugly

then ff came out. It was faster than netscape (now at 8. it has improved a lot) plus it was customizable

oh and by the way, for everyone who was saying FF is a memory hog............... doesnt look like it to me

With one page loaded! ;) But what's the use of tabbed browsing if you're only ever going to use one tab? I've always got at least 4 or 5 going and when you do that, the memory usage goes WAY up. Now, if you've got 4 or 5 IE browsers open, granted, they may take up just as much memory, but when I go to pull up the one I want, BOOM, it's there. Try to pull up Firefox with half-a-dozen tabs open and it's next year before you can start working. :confused:

kkttt87 said:
With one page loaded! ;) But what's the use of tabbed browsing if you're only ever going to use one tab? I've always got at least 4 or 5 going and when you do that, the memory usage goes WAY up. Now, if you've got 4 or 5 IE browsers open, granted, they may take up just as much memory, but when I go to pull up the one I want, BOOM, it's there. Try to pull up Firefox with half-a-dozen tabs open and it's next year before you can start working. :confused:

i can have 4-5 tabs on firefox and when i click on one it comes up instantly? now slowness what so ever

talldude123 said:
Well, Firefox is a web browser created by Mozilla Technologies.

The reason why so many people use it, is because it blocks ActiveX installers, therefore giving you a safer computer. Its also faster and downloads easier than IE.
Blocks? I thought it was unable to do such because of MS copyright patients but either way Firefox all the way.

@ kkttt87 -

Use the session saver extension so if it ever hangs and you gotta shut down, it'll bring back whatever you were working on when you open it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom