Amd 64 3400+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
I want to get AMD 64 3400+, but will I notice a big difference over my AMD Athlon XP 3000+?

I'm not bothering with any 64bit processors until they've been out a while and software/hardware companies have had time to catch up.

Ares said:
I'm not bothering with any 64bit processors until they've been out a while and software/hardware companies have had time to catch up.

I second that. If you want, feel free to send me your 3000+ after you buy the 3400 : P I'm on a 2200, and I don't see myself upgrading until they're offereing high 4000's or even 5000's.

what about AMD athlon 64 FX-53. Is this one much faster than 3000+.

B/w my 3000+ doesn't feel that fast. Even when oc'd it still is prety slow?

Stupid said:
what about AMD athlon 64 FX-53. Is this one much faster than 3000+.

B/w my 3000+ doesn't feel that fast. Even when oc'd it still is prety slow?

The FX-53 would destroy that 3000+:rolleyes: That good thing about the 3400+ is that it is alot cheaper then the FX-51, but just as fast if not abit faster :confused:

But you still have an update CPU there, and it's really not practical to buy a $450 CPU right now when you just bought one and were on the verge of new technologies:confused:

I think im getting FX-53 just for the hell of it. For the braging rights:cool:

The only thing is that i dont know what kind of mobo to get.

Stupid said:
I think im getting FX-53 just for the hell of it. For the braging rights:cool:

The only thing is that i dont know what kind of mobo to get.

Your gonna pay $890 for bragging rights??:p :D

Well, if I had the money I might do it for that reason too:p ;)

As for Mobo's I don't really know, but you might want to wait for the socket cause then you can take advantage of dual channel, unregistered memory:confused: Registered memory is REALLY expensive, upwards of $300 dollars I believe:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom