How do I get into BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

koto

Beta member
I have a PCIe video card. DVI connection out to the monitor. Seems that the card doesn't activate until driver is loaded, by then I am well past the way into BIOS. ANY ideas would be appriciated.

Re:

Hello,

Are you trying to get into BIOS, and also having problems with your display? I'm confused :confused: ...

Usually to get into the BIOS when you power up, it's commonly either F1, F2 or DEL key. Sometimes it can be other F keys but usually there's a notification somewhere on screen when booting to tell you.

So, are you having problems with your display? Do you have a signal when the PC boots up, but shows no signal when you boot into the OS?

My problem is that I don't get any video on boot up. I only get video after the drivers for the card are loaded.

Re:

Hello,

ok i see. Strange, it's more common for you to get a display during POST (powering on) and no display during OS boot than the other way around.

What are your system specs? Maybe it POSTs so fast you don't get to see any diagnostics or anything during POST, and you literally see the OS boot screen first.

Try randomly pressing F1, F2 or DEL while powering on (they are the common BIOS access keys...).

No onboard video, the card is a PCIe 16X. It just seems like the video card dosen't initalize until the driver is loaded.

have a book 4 ur mobo? what make & model is it.

maybe it needs a flash?

u have any old pci vid cards lying around???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom